Last week, after conducting a search of someone's room that was rather unkempt, messy with clothes strewn all over the place and who knows what else on the floor, one of my beagles fell seriously ill within a few minutes from concluding the inspection.
She threw up non-stop for a good 30 minutes - it was not a pretty sight and it certainly put me in a panick. Needless to say, a quick emergency visit to the vet followed.
As part of my inspection process, I make it a point to do a thorough visual inspection of the areas before I bring my beagles in. Somehow, I must have missed seeing some "goddies" that my dog sniffed out and obviously swallowed.
She is doing much better now but it made me realize that my beagles' health can be jeopardized in a blink of an eye during a K-9 inspection.