- Have your kids change into clean clothes before entering your home, preferably in the garage, basement or laundry room. Have them take their shoes off at the door.
- Immediately, put all their clothes, including those in their bags, luggage etc. into the dryer on high heat for 40 minutes. There is no need to launder the clothes. High heat kills bed bugs but more importantly, it kills their eggs too (washing does not necessarily kill eggs)
- Wipe their shoes with a damp cloth and hot water or spray with alcohol, including their bottom soles. Better yet, if possible, place them in a dryer, again on high heat for 40 minutes.
- Immediately place suitcases, purses and bags into a plastic box or large plastic bag which can be tied shut and leave these out of your home, preferably in the garage, basement or plain outside. You may place pesticide strips in the bag which kills insects on contact.
- Isolate their beds from the rest of their bedroom(s):
1.- Enclose each mattress and box spring with bedbug bite-free and escape-free encasements.
2.- Place interceptor devices under each foot of the bed to catch any bedbugs that might try to
escape from the bed.
3.- Pull the bed away from the walls and anything else that might touch it, like drapes, curtains or
4.- Make sure the sheets and comforters don’t touch the floor, so no bedbugs can escape via